How to : Remove TeamReview Work Item Types

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2010 at 10:19 PM

With recent testing I had the need to recreate the TeamReview work item types.

This should not be performed on production systems as it will delete the work items as well.

Required: Team Foundation Server Power Tools http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/teamsystem/bb980963.aspx

Example command usage to Remove the TeamReview work item types:-

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008 Power Tools\tfpt.exe" destroywitd /project:"projectname" /server:servername /workitemtype:"Code Item"
"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008 Power Tools\tfpt.exe" destroywitd /project:"projectname" /server:servername /workitemtype:"Code Review Response"

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Hello

Does this delete it from the client as well? 

We would like to remove the Code Review Response and use only the Code Item for code reviews.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  We are using VS2008 and TFS

Keri-Lyn

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:48 AM
klyn6107 wrote:

Hello

Does this delete it from the client as well? 

We would like to remove the Code Review Response and use only the Code Item for code reviews.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  We are using VS2008 and TFS

Keri-Lyn

The command I documented above deletes the two workitem types completely from the TFS server. There are no client side work item types.

The client is a Visual Studio Addin, ie. it is made up of assemblies (.dlls) and addin configuration file.

The client can be temporarily disabled by using the menus in VS2008 - Tools -> Add-in Manager.

Use the control panel to completely uninstall the client.

Sorry, but I do not fully understand what you want to achieve.