Cannot Upload WorkItem with witadmin.exe

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Hi

Having an issue trying to run witadmin.exe to upload the workitem. I have a vanilla install of TFS 2010 RTM running on a W2K8 box.

Anyone know why "Related Link Count" is failing?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\artis.group>cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Com
mon7\IDE"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE>witadmin importw
itd /collection:http://coa-tfs01:8080/tfs/defaultCollection /f:"C:\temp\Code Ite
m\Code Item en.xml" /p:"3MP Reports" /v
TF212018: Work item tracking schema validation error: TF26177: The field System.
RelatedLinkCount cannot be renamed from 'RelatedLinkCount' to 'Related Link Coun
t'.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE>

May 14, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I had the same problem, my assumption is that it is for older Team Projects created before we upgraded to the RTM from the Beta. What I did to solve it was to copy the CodeItem xml file to a new file, edit the new file and remove the spaces from the names of several items. In your situation the xml file with say Name="Related Link Count" and you just modify it to say Name="RelatedLinkCount" which is what is expected. The next time you attempt the import you will be given another field that has spaces that shouldn't, make the same change there and repeat until you're done and it imports.