"New Code Item" is available but does not work

Aug 10, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I have just installed TeamReview_2008_1_1_3.zip on a Server 2003 machine along with the TeamReview_2008_1_1_3. The template install on the TFS server did not error, the client install succeeded as well.

I am connected to TFS and have a solution open.

From the Team Menu, "New Code Item" is available but does not work.

If I highlight code, right-click and choose Team Review -> New Code Item, I receive a message box with the following text:

TeamReview is the most complete solution for Team System Code Reviews: a specific work item type and a Visual Studio add-in for a completely in IDE code review experience.
To use TeamReview Visual Studio must be online, a Visual Studio Solution must be open and within a Team System workspace mapping. Additionally Team Projects that that will store work items must have the Code Review Response work item type.
To setup a Team System project for TeamReview usage please use the following directions from the TeamReview codeplex site.
Thank You,
TeamReview contributors

And no log in installation dir.

Aug 10, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Note: Solution should be open in order to get "New Code Item" form, otherwise you get message like this.

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Same Problem here.

However, the solution IS opened. Although the instruction window comes up as if the work item types were not there. One other thing worth mentioning: I needed to import the german localized version of the work item templates. Those are heavily broken! Most translations simply don't match the correct keywords. After fixing all translation errors, both templates could be imported.

It is still not possible to create a work item from the context menu.

Again: The solution is opened.

Is there any way to find out what's going wrong here?

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Has the work item import correctly worked? Are you able to create a "Code Item" work item from Visual Studio for the Team project you are working with? (Visual Studio Menu's - Team -> New Work -> Code Item)

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Yes, I do. Thank you.

Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:50 PM
To: Ivanov, Andrei
Subject: Re: "New Code Item" is available but does not work [TeamReview:223066]

Has the work item import correctly worked? Are you able to create a "Code Item" work item from Visual Studio? (Visual Studio Menu's - Team -> New Work -> Code Item)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TeamReview@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email TeamReview@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I am facing the same issue.

Yes the solution is open, yes I am able to create the work item thru the menu, yes the internet is connected......

However i still get the help pop-up when i right click and choose new "code item".

Can anyone help???

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Please check that the solution is checked-in and bound to the TFS team project with the code review work item definition.

Are there any messages in the output window when you open a solution?

Check for any exceptions in the team review log file in the installation directory (it will not exist if exceptions have not happened).