Working with TeamReview

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:53 PM
I am having problems in working with TeamReview. I've looked and watched through the videos and the screens do not match up which is confusing... I think I require some basic training on using and working with TeamReview. For example, I can select some code, highlight it and select, "New Code Item". I supply the details and assign it to myself ready for later reference. I save (or I think I save the entry. I set the Query From firld to, "Public - All Bugs" .. What happens or should happen now? Presumably, the Code Item should appear in the, "Public - All Bugs" Team Queries resultset .. It doesn't .. Please help, this software looks brilliant to use and I'd love to get all members of the team using it .. Regards mrPlatypus..
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Hi - Yes, our documentation is really out of date and desperately needs attention.

Public - All Bugs won't return the Code Item you submitted because it's restricted to Work Item Type = 'Bug'  and you want Work Item Type = 'Code Item.' So, if you make a copy of the 'All Bugs' query and change that 'Work Item Type' clause then you should be set.

Thanks

JB

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:18 AM
Edited Aug 17, 2010 at 8:19 AM
jbbrown wrote:

Hi - Yes, our documentation is really out of date and desperately needs attention.

Public - All Bugs won't return the Code Item you submitted because it's restricted to Work Item Type = 'Bug'  and you want Work Item Type = 'Code Item.' So, if you make a copy of the 'All Bugs' query and change that 'Work Item Type' clause then you should be set.

Thanks

JB

JB: Thanks for the quick reply, AND yes, I now have access to the code item requests .. Brilliant, Thanks very much ..

Regarding the documentation: What are the chances of getting the documentation up-to-date? As far as I can so far see this is the only failing of this project - things would have been SO much easier had sufficient documentation been available.

mrPlatypus.

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Can you donate some time and work on the documentation aspects which caused you trouble? Best time is while it is still fresh.