"New Code Item" not showing any more

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:47 AM
Edited Sep 20, 2010 at 6:48 AM

I am running Team Review on VS 2005. When I try to create a new code item from the TeamReview menu the dialog box does not show any more.

When looking in the log I see the following exception.

20/09/2010 08:17:31 Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.DeniedOrNotExistException: TF26193: The team project stem.Title], [System.State], [System.ChangedDate], [System.AreaPath], [System.IterationPath], [Microsoft.VSTS.Common.ClosedDate] FROM WorkItems WHERE [BossTeam.NeedsCodeReview] =  does not exist. Check the team project name and try again.
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.ProjectCollection.get_Item(String projectName)
   at TeamReview.Services.TFSService.GetQueryProject(Guid queryGuid)
   at TeamReview.UI.CreateWorkItemForm.cmbQuery_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at TeamReview.UI.CreateWorkItemForm.BindQueries()
   at TeamReview.UI.CreateWorkItemForm..ctor(DTE2 shell, CodeSelection codeSelection)
   at TeamReview.Command.CreateWorkItemCommand.ShowForm()
   at TeamReview.Command.ShowFormCommand.Execute()
   at TeamReview.VSNetAddIn.Connect.ShowAddCodeReviewItemEventHandler(Object commandaBarControl, Boolean& handled, Boolean& cancelDefault).

Apparently the window tries to reload a Query that I previously selected that is not valid any more.

I think adding some error handling in the cmbQuery_SelectedIndexChanged event would be nice.

So that at least the form shows up and I can choose a valid Query.