Is this product alive?

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Hi folks,
Very excited about this product and what it can do to tied the whole review process together but I'm wondering if it is alive? I cannot see any activity and I cannot see that documentation matching the code I have downloaded. The screenshots differ from what is in the .sln, etc.

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Hi,

Yes still here. What version of code have you downloaded?

The project code has sort of gone into hibernation. Personally I find it more difficult to devote time to the project at the moment.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Hi,
Great to hear that the project/product is still alive. I have downloaded TeamReview-41992.zip which includes 1.1.0 to 2.0 and Mainline sub directories. I just notice that the screens/forms in there do not match the ones I see on your TeamReview By Example page. I'm also having difficulties installing against our TFS - everything appears to work fine but the new template items do not appear in the IDE.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 10:03 PM

By this -> "everything appears to work fine but the new template items do not appear in the IDE."

I assume you have performed a witimport of the files "Code Item en.xml" and "Code Review Response en.xml".

Check that the TeamReview addin displays via the Visual Studio add-in manager. (menu Tools -> Add-in Manager... and that is checked at startup)

Also the Visual Studio output window will have "TeamReview" in the combobox labelled "Show output from:"

It displays this at startup:-

TeamReview: 1.1.3.0

Visit: http://TeamReview.codeplex.com

Visual Studio Solution is not open

If you don't see this, the add-in is not be loaded. You need a file TeamReview2010.VSNetAddIn.Addin on the Visual Studio paths for Addins.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Edited Dec 1, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Sorry, should have been more explicit - by appears to work fine yes I mean I run witimport for those files and the cmd line reports success. The TeamReview Add-in does appear but I have just noticed now that the output window reports the following:

22/11/2010 15:24:01 System.Security.SecurityException: An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.CommandBars._CommandBars.get_Item(Object Index)
   at TeamReview.VSNetAddIn.Connect.BuildMenu()
   at TeamReview.VSNetAddIn.Connect.OnConnection(Object application, ext_ConnectMode connectMode, Object addInInst, Array& custom)
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer
23/11/2010 15:44:30 System.Security.SecurityException: An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)
   at TeamReview.VSNetAddIn.Connect.OnConnection(Object application, ext_ConnectMode connectMode, Object addInInst, Array& custom)
MyComputer
24/11/2010 10:52:36 System.Security.SecurityException: An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)
MyComputer
26/11/2010 15:32:20 System.Security.SecurityException: An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)
MyComputer
29/11/2010 09:53:45 System.Security.SecurityException: An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)
MyComputer
29/11/2010 10:21:53 System.Security.SecurityException: An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)
MyComputer
29/11/2010 14:23:38 System.Security.SecurityException: An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)
MyComputer
01/12/2010 10:23:31 System.Security.SecurityException: An error relating to security occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013150A)
MyComputer

I have also been trying to get this working in VS2010 too (against TFS2008) and all initialization works fine (add-in loaded, output window reporting success) but my TeamReview context window show two options:

• New Code Item
  • Review Code Items

When I click these I expect to see the screens you show in the TeamReview by Example page but I don't.

So, in summary, I have a couple of confusions - one relating to VS2010 (the environment I need to work in) and one relating to VS2008 (the environment I tried to test with when 2010 failed to give me what I expected).

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I haven't seen before, the security exception problem you mention. I assume you are on Windows7 ? Please try running Visual studio as administrator.

Where did you install TeamReview to ? C:\ ? , networked drive?

What are your environment details? OS version, version of Visual Studio, level of service pack for visual studio

Do you have any other addins/tools installed? Try turning all other addins off, restart Visual Studio.

Also look at the exceptions log file that TeamReview writes to. It will be in the installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamReview\TeamReview (2010))

When you right click the TeamReview context menus, what type of file is open in the editor ?

You must open a solution which is bound to source control (ie previously checked-in) and is in the Team project where the TeamReview work item types are available.

BTW, I have TeamReview working in both VS2010 and VS2008 against TFS2008.

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Hi there. The fact that you are running both VS version against TFS2008 is very encouraging.

ok detail:

• I'm running XP (don't ask or poke fun!!)
  • I am admin
  • Installed TeamReview locally
  • VS 2010 Professional (10.030319.1)
  • XP Version 2002 SP3
  • I pasted the contents of the 2008 log file above (but retrieve that from C:\Documents and Settings\horkajoh\Application Data\TeamReview\9.0)
  • 2010 does not have any log file and doesn't complain about anything
  • When I right-click and see those context menu items I have .cs files open in the editor
  • I do open a project that is checked in to the TFS (2008) area where I to.Now

Now, I have just retried everything and this time I see the following note in the TeamReview Output window when I right-click, choose TeamReview and then New Code Item:

The project 'SDLT_TEST' does not have the necessary TeamReview work item type. The 'SDLT_TEST' project may be used because it's where the Associated Item is stored or the source of the Query you selected

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM

The last message means that the TeamReview work item type has not been imported into the TFS team project.

You need to be a TFS admin to import the work item type.

Dec 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Hi. I am an admin and the witimport honestly tells me all is fine:

work item type import complete

Wonder what else could be going on with this? I am trying to hook up with the TFS police internally to see track what might be going on.