TFS Project Setup Directions

Apr 12, 2008 at 11:20 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM

One easy step

Import the "Code Review Response" work item type into your project. The work item type file is in the root of the release zip. You must be a project or TFS admin to perform this step.

TFS 2005 and 2008

TFS 2010

• Use witadmin importwitd

If you can use the "Team->Add Work Item" menu option and choose "Code Review Respose" then your project is setup for TeamReview.

Jun 6, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Importing the work item type does not work on your server. The error message is "Work Item Type Import failed to make the requested field changes."
Your TFS is 2008 updated from 2005.
Can anybody give me an advise whats wrong with your infrastructure?
Thanks
Jun 6, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Hello - Which version of TeamReview are you using? Are you using the witimport.exe or the Team Foundation Power Tools? Have you imported any other work item types before? Has the Code Review Response work item type been imported previously?

JB

otb wrote:
Importing the work item type does not work on your server. The error message is "Work Item Type Import failed to make the requested field changes."
Thanks

Jun 9, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Currently the TeamReview 1.0.3 is installed. For importing we used the witimoprt.exe resulting with the posted error message. We also tried the Power Tools: no error mesage, but the WIType also was not installed. Previously we tried the work item type from Version 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 also without success (same error).

Thanks

JBBrown wrote:
Hello - Which version of TeamReview are you using? Are you using the witimport.exe or the Team Foundation Power Tools? Have you imported any other work item types before? Has the Code Review Response work item type been imported previously?

JB

otb wrote:
Thanks

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:29 PM
Looks like a known issue:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3069136&SiteID=1 gives a hint, but we haven't fixed the problem by now.

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:02 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2008 at 2:56 PM
I have just installed TeamReview on my PC running VS2008 Team Edition Sp1 and imported the "Code Review Response.xml", using Tools, ProcessEditor but still get the message "To setup a TFS project for TeamReview please follow....".  After a re-boot of the client PC, the review dialog could be started.

The project is is saved on TFS and the TFS server is online to the client PC.

I get no other error messages.

It would be nice if the install of TeamReview installed a help file with all these instructions in.
Sep 8, 2008 at 2:43 PM
I have just checked by attempting an export of Work Item Types using the Process Editor and "Code Review Response" is present.
Sep 18, 2008 at 5:57 PM
I have just installed TeamReview 2008 1.0.7 however I still do not get the assign to list populated.

Any thoughts as to why?

Sep 19, 2008 at 6:10 PM
What kind of users are in your Contributors and Project Administrators groups? Windows users, Windows Groups, Team Foundation Users, or Team Foundation Groups? A mixture maybe?

Thanks,
JB
Dec 11, 2008 at 11:24 PM
I found a bug in setup, if you have mapped your My Documents folder to different folder than "C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents" then setup will fail.

Workaround is to create a dummy C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents folder and then run the setup.

Once setup is complete, you will have "C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Addins" folder created.
You will find "TeamReview.VSNetAddIn.Addin" file in that folder, copy that file to your mapped My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Addins folder.

You should be good to go.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:54 AM
Thank you, that's a good one. I'll file a defect and include it in the next release. There is a more proper way to get the my documents location.

JB

On Dec 11, 2008, at 3:24 PM, user81 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I found a bug in setup, if you have mapped your My Documents folder to different folder than "C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents" then setup will fail.

Workaround is to create a dummy C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents folder and then run the setup.

Once setup is complete, you will have "C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Addins" folder created.
You will find "TeamReview.VSNetAddIn.Addin" file in that folder, copy that file to your mapped My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Addins folder.

You should be good to go.

Mar 31, 2009 at 8:52 AM
I had a similar problem.

The resolution is to right click in Team Explorer and click Refresh.

Cheers

leppie