Is TeamReview correclty installed - code not found in 'replay'

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Hello.

I have recently inherited a system based around visual studio, TFS and TeamReview. From reading various articles I do not believe my system is running in the same way, the result being that I cannot follow a decent workflow to code review amongst my team.

The key difference I can see are that my TeamReview contexty menu presents me with different options than Im expecting. specifically 'New Code Item' and 'Review Code Items' instead of 'New code Item' and 'Replay Review'. Although this seems to bring up the same dialogs (witha  few minor differences).

The problem I am having is that when I select one of the review feedback items an error message of 'Code could not be found' is displayed.

I would be interested to know if this is a known problem, or if there some way of confirming my TeamReview is installed correctly (what process templates should be visible, or can I confirm exist?), or is perhaps conflicting version with visual studio (VS 2010 professional)

Any help is very much appreciated.

thank you

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2012 at 10:12 PM

As your context menu's are from the previous version of TeamReview, can you try updating to the latest version.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM

My context menu in the code editor contains "New Code Item" and "Review Code Items", not 'New code Item' and 'Replay Review', same as the OP.

I installed the latest version of TeamReview I could find: 1.1.3. If this is not the latest version, where can I find it? Otherwise, how do I get the correct context menu options?

I'm running VS2010 and TFS2010.

Thank you,

Ian

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

The context menu for the correct version displays "New Code Item" and "Review Code Items".

The previous version displayed these :- 'New code Item' and 'Replay Review'. If you see these mentioned in documentation, then the docuementation requires updating.

Sorry for the confusion.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Thank you, that makes sense. Looks like I have the latest version.

Another associated question: Using the poster at http://www.newdrp.com/Portals/0/Repository/0202%20Microsoft%20Team%20System%20TeamReview.sc.pdf, step 2 describes the reviewer selecting "New Code Review Response" from the context menu. Is this document out of date? Is "New Code Item" the equivalent of "New Code Review Response"?

I have two work items in my system that are associated with Team Review: "Code Item" and "Code Review Response" but I'm confused about whether there are meant to be two, or if at some point someone has installed an old copy of Team Review and in fact "Code Review Response" is unnecessary?

Ian

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

That poster has text which is out of date. Sorry I cannot change it.

A reviewer, opens the solution for review, right clicks and selects Team Review -> New Code Item.

So yes "New Code Item" is the equivalent of "New Code Review Response".

The two work item types are in fact the same - except the name.  Version 1.1.3 of the code appears that it will work with either.

"Code Item" was introduced as a simpler name.

So yes "Code Review Response" would be unnecessary.

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Thank you, that clears it up. I've deleted the Code Review Response definition from the repository to avoid confusion with the users.