Assign To: not getting populated

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:01 PM
None of the dropdowns that appear to require population from the TFS server are being populated.  Could this be a security issue?  Or what else might cause this.

Thanks!

Tim
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2008 at 3:55 PM
Hi - sorry for the delayed response, I have been on vacation for a few days.

The symptoms to your problem are vague enough that I am not certain to the cause. TFS Permissions may be good place to start. Do you experience this behavior on multiple TFS projects? In Visual Studio (not using TeamReview) are you able to create new Work Items and assign them to other users?

We might need a little back-and-forth troubleshooting on this one, so let me know what you can find out and I'll do some more thinking.

JB
Aug 20, 2008 at 1:13 PM
I am having this issue also, it appears to be a client problem, as for another member of my team (we are both TFS administrators, permissions should be the same) the dropdowns are populated.  I am only having an issue with the assign to: dropdown.  I am able to create new work items and assign to other users.  Let me know what I can do to help troubleshoot.
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2008 at 2:33 AM
This is a tough one. Theoretically the assign to drop down should be populated with all users in the Contributors and Project Administrators groups; assuming that I am using the Team System API correctly. Have you debugged an Add-In before? Would you be willing to try? I've linked to directions how to debug TeamReview below, and I'd be willing to walk you through it any way that you'd like. This bug seems situational; and I haven't been able to recreate that situation.

Debug directions: http://www.codeplex.com/TeamReview/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=26814

You'll need to uninstall TeamReview first.

I very much appreciate that you've posted what you've been able to find so far.
JB
Aug 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Sorry All - totally my bad.  Looks like I didn't have *any* users in the contributers groups that was being read by the add-in.

Once I added the users in the proper groups - everything populated and it is working great!

Thanks for the replies, sorry for the wasted time...

-Tim

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Tim
  What groups did you have to add the developers to?
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 6:06 PM
With release 1.0.6 -  Contributors. The next release will use both Contributors and Project Administrators

JB
Sep 15, 2008 at 11:42 AM
>The next release will use both Contributors and Project Administrators
Any idea when this release will be ready for release?
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2008 at 3:52 PM
Yes, sometime this week. The feature you are looking for has already been committed, you can get a preview by downloading the latest check-in and compiling. I am at VSX Dev Con today and tomorrow, I'm hoping to get some feedback on TeamReview and then commit any easy wins from that feedback before releasing.

JB

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 4:43 AM, TATWORTH <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

>The next release will use both Contributors and Project Administrators
Any idea when this release will be ready for release?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TeamReview@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email TeamReview@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2008 at 12:35 AM
For those that reach this thread this feature was released in 1.0.7 - http://www.codeplex.com/TeamReview/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=17103

JB