Installation issue

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I try to install TeamReview 2010 1.1.3 for Visual Studio 2010 Premium. I've started the installer (setup.exe), it've said that the installation has finished successfully. But when I start VS2010, I can't find TeamReview context menus. What do I do wrong?

Mar 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM

The issue is solved. The installer haven't copy add-in to the VS AddIns foolder. So, this is a solution:

1. Open the following file with a text editor: "%Program Files%\TeamReview\TeamReview (2010)\TeamReview.VSNetAddIn.Addin"
  2. Replace inner text of Assembly element with the full path of TeamReview.VsNetAddIn.dll file, e.g. "c:\Program Files (x86)\TeamReview\TeamReview (2010)\TeamReview.VsNetAddIn.dll". Save changes.
  3. Create folder %APPDATA%\Microsoft\MSEnvShared\AddIns if it doesn't exist.
  4. Copy all files from c:\Program Files (x86)\TeamReview\TeamReview (2010)\ to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\MSEnvShared\AddIns
Jun 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I have exactly the same issue. Is that normal for the installation? I want to start using it in our company, but do not want to send everybody this complicated installation script...

Will it be solved so that simple installation will alo work?

(By the way: it is only necessary to copy the .AddInn file to the new location, not the whole lot)

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM

The setup solution is available as part of the source code download. I'd suggest debugging the issue at your workplace in the setup and reporting back.

Cheers

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I have install successfully. But I can't use

Please take a look;

http://i.imgur.com/I0fcd.png

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Edited Jul 27, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I have installed successfully. But I can't use

Please take a look:

http://i.imgur.com/I0fcd.png

When I click on "New Code Item", nothing happens

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2012 at 3:19 AM

A little more information please.

What version of Visual Studio are you using ?

Are there any messages in the output window in Visual Studio?

In the Team Review installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamReview\TeamReview (2010)) there may be a log file , contents of the file if it exists.

You are missing the menu item "Review Code Items" from the TeamReview menus. Have you imported all the work item definitions?

Cheers