Code Review Installation Issue

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Dear All

I want to apply code review policy in TFS 2005. So I got the setup and how to use information about team review. So I download the TeamReview_2005_1_1_0 setup and extract the zip file. I have in this extracted folder two setup files (setup.exe, TeamReview.Setup.msi) and two XML files(Code Review Response.xml, Code Review Response ja.xml). I have installed the Team review setup successfully. But I dont know about these XML files. Where I can put and how can use them. I have tried to import these files through witimport.exe but only one file is import which is named as Code Review Response.xml. But other file didnt import through this witimport exe. Secondly, When I open the code and click on New team review reponse option. It opened the some message box where i found a link of codeplex website. So there is not proper GUI opening. Please let me know the process how can I configure that that this code reivew option is enabled in TFS 2005.

Muhammad Waseem Alvi

Sr. SCM Engineer 

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Code Review Reponse.xml and Cod Review Response ja.xml are the same work item types, one is in English and one is Japanese. So - you only need to import the version of you preference. Trying to import both will result in the last version imported being the active version of "Code Review Response"

For troubleshooting you second issue, where the directions form is showing please start with this thread as a starting point - http://www.codeplex.com/TeamReview/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=32626

Then let me know if the that doesn't help and I'll work with you to figure out what's going on.

Thanks for trying out TeamReview!

--
JB Brown, Team System MVP

Email  JB@ControlStatements.com
Blog    http://www.ControlStatements.com
Code   http://TeamReview.codeplex.com
Twitter @jbbrown

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 7:35 AM, mwaseemalvi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Dear All

I want to apply code review policy in TFS 2005. So I got the setup and how to use information about team review. So I download the TeamReview_2005_1_1_0 setup and extract the zip file. I have in this extracted folder two setup files (setup.exe, TeamReview.Setup.msi) and two XML files(Code Review Response.xml, Code Review Response ja.xml). I have installed the Team review setup successfully. But I dont know about these XML files. Where I can put and how can use them. I have tried to import these files through witimport.exe but only one file is import which is named as Code Review Response.xml. But other file didnt import through this witimport exe. Secondly, When I open the code and click on New team review reponse option. It opened the some message box where i found a link of codeplex website. So there is not proper GUI opening. Please let me know the process how can I configure that that this code reivew option is enabled in TFS 2005.

Muhammad Waseem Alvi

Sr. SCM Engineer 

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TeamReview@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email TeamReview@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:10 AM
Edited Jul 2, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Dear JJBrown

Thanks alot to reply me. I have visited the given link too and I have read all things which you describe at this link " http://www.codeplex.com/TeamReview/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=32626 ". Well I have import one xml file properly but I am still getting that problem. In your given above link, you have described that when we will create online integration with source control and vs solutions, we will be able to use this utility properly. But I have read on msdn forum that go online option will be accessible in TFS 2008 and VS.net 2008. As you know I have told you that I am using  TFS 2005 and VS.Net 2005. How can we create online linkage between them. So that when developer write down code in one file then he will send a workitem to code review and code reviewer easily access the GUI in which he can write down thier feedback. Please help me out I want to access in TFS 2005. Please let me know the solution ASAP.

I am getting such message in a small window when I click on right click menu on team review and then new code review response or reply code review.

"

TeamReview is the most complete solution for Team System Code Reviews: a specific work item type and a Visual Studio add-in for a completely in IDE code review experience.

To use TeamReview a solution must be open and bound to a Team System project that contains Team Review's Code Review Response work item type.

To setup a Team System project for TeamReview usage please use the following directions from the TeamReview codeplex site.

Thank You,

TeamReview contributors

<font size="1">

</font>

"

Please tell me how can I bound the code with Team System in 2005 so that Team code Review response will be active.

Thanks

Muhammad Waseem Alvi

Sr. Software Configuration Management Engineer

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Edited Jul 4, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Ok, the exact issue is elluding me so I am going to list some suggestions to check into, and then could you respond back?

• In Tools -> Options -> Source Control make sure the drop down has "Visual Studio Team Foundation Server" selected.
  • Make sure the local file path for the Solution you are opening is part of a TFS workspace path
  • In File -> SourceControl -> is "Add Solution to Source Control" an option? If so, try that option
  • In File -> Source Control -> choose "Change Source Control" and then make sure each project listed is "Bound" to TFS. If there is a "Bind" button that is active while a project row is selected then that project is not yet Bound  and should be, and you should click the "Bind" button.
  • Check-in your changes

Let me know if these help.

Thanks for your patience and dillegent efforts.

JB