sneaking in files during code review

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:31 AM

consider the following scenario:

dev A shelves his changes and creates a code review iteam for dev B

meanwhile he keeps working on code and changes some other file that was not part of the code review.

once the code review is complete, he associates his changeset with an approved code review item, this shelveset will contain a file that was not submitted for code review.

is there a way to enforce that only files that were submitted for code review ended up in the final checkin? Also, what prevents dev A to "reuse" a completed code review item to circumvent code review policy?

At some point some kind of trust is assumed but I guess I am trying to minimize this:)

I know that some of these questions are team code review flow related, but since you are familiar with both projects, I decided to give it a try:)

thanks a lot,

lenik

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Sorry, I don't see anyway to make your goal happen with the current toolset. Until there's a review process that checks for previous approval of every changed line there will always be the possibility of slipping something in. A number of folks have raised this issue before about the shelve-set specific issue and the Code Review Workflow process, and unfortunately I've never heard of a good fix for it.

JB