The release will ship a product that provides in-IDE code review by leveraging TFS, the VS.Net SDK, and the VS.Net code model. The first release is concentrated on developing a simple product offering with a sustainable code base.
- Includes a new work item type definition "Code Review Response"
- TeamReview is aware of the TFS project that is currently active in VS.Net - No AddIn configuration is required. If the project is not a TFS project or is not setup for TeamReview then TeamReview is not active and will give directions on how to proceed.
- Highlight and right-click a piece of code to create a new "Code Review Response" work item
- Automatically get code heuristic details in the created "Code Review Response" work item that provides context to the problem description, and can also be queried for trend information. Included in the created Code Review Response:
- Code File Name
- Code Namespace
- Code Class name
- Code Member name (method/property/event etc)
- Code Start Line Number
- Code End Line number
- Code snippet (the source code that was highlighted)
- User supplied description of the problem
- User supplied suggested resolution
- Code Review Response items can be associated to another work item (a likely code review request) during Right-Click submission.
- Code Review Response items are assigned to a user during Right-Click submission
- New Code Review Response work item ID is displayed in the VS.Net task bar upon submission
- Replay code review feedback - Page through all the Code Review Responses associated to a single Work Item while VS.Net opens up and re-highlights each code section and displays the user supplied description of the issue.
Includes Vs.Net AddIn installer and "Code Review Response" work item type defintion. For TFS Project setup see: https://www.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ProjectName=TeamReview&ThreadId=25834