- New expanded product positioning for capturing any targeted coding work as a trackable, assignable, reportable Work Item for any reason
- Former "Code Review Response" = New "Code Item" in menus, help text etc.
- New Work Item Type "Code Item" as well as continued support for existing "Code Review Response" WIT
- New field in both work items - "Code Item Type"
- This is a drop down that allows you to identify what type of "Code Item" you are submitting, a "Review Request" or a "Review Response", or any other value you add to your Work Item Type definition.
- 2010 RC Support
- 2010 Addin Handles Tree Work Item Queries in TeamReview forms
- 2008 Addin ignores Tree Work Item Queries when connected to a 2010 TFS (just like Team Explorer does)
- German language WIT - Thanks to CodePlex user gninneh for submitting the original patch, and to Thomas Schissler, VS ALM MVP for the final translation.
- Japanese language WIT - Thanks again to Libaty for another translation
VSTS/VS Ultimate Setup Instructions:
Download the TeamReview edition that corresponds to your client and then execute Setup.exe or the MSI.Edition - Download Mapping
- Visual Studio Team System 2005 (any SKU) = TeamReview_2005_1_1_3
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 (any SKU) = TeamReview_2008_1_1_3
- Visual Studio Ultimate 2010 = TeamReview_2010_1_1_3
TFS Setup Instructions:
With a change in product positioning the name of the TeamReview work item type has changed. This makes your
TFS setup choice a little more complicated than before. The complication will be phased out as TFS 2010
adoption occurs in the market. So, please choose your situation from the following 3 scenarios. Please note,
that the Visual Studio setup instructions above are compatible with all three TFS scenarios, even in situations
where you are working with multiple TFS, or Team Project setup.
Lastly, each work item type is available in 3 languages, English, German, and Japanese. They are noted by having the culture
abbreviation at the end of their file name.
1. You have not imported a TeamReview work item type before:
- import the "Code Item" work item type in the TeamReview download corresponding to your TFS Version.
2. You previously imported the Code Review Response work item type and you are using TFS 2005 or TFS 2008:
- continue to use the Code Review Response work item type in the 2005 or 2008 download
3. You previously imported a TeamReview work item type and are using TFS 2010:
- rename the workitem type with witadmin renamewitd to "Code Item" if needed
- import the new Code Item WIT in the 2010 download
witadmin reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd312129(VS.100).aspx
Work Item Type Import instructions:
TFS 2005 and 2008
Option 1: Use witimport.exe http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms253163(VS.80).aspx
Option 2: Use the Vs.net 2005/2008 Team Foundation Power Tools using the "Team->Process Editor->Work Item Types->Import WIT.."
- 2005 http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=5422499
- 2008 http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/tfs2008/bb980963.aspx
Use witadmin importwitd
witadmin reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd312129(VS.100).aspxNotes:
* Visual Studio 2005 AddIn is not supported on Windows 7 or Windows 2008 Server.