Problems in VS 2008

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I installed the add-in on my latptop and asked our TFS admin to import the item types by using witimport. When I right-click on a source file I do see the context menu (TeamReview | New Code Item and Review Code Items). However, I have the following problems:

1. The Priority and Type dropdown have no entries.

2. When I try to save I get an exception and the red exclaimation icon keeps flashing even though I already entered some text for Description. Here's the exception in the log (TeamReview.log):

6/17/2010 1:52:34 PM Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.FieldDefinitionNotExistException: TF26027: A field definition CodeReviewAddIn.CodeDescription in the work item type definition file does not exist. Add a definition for this field or remove the reference to the field and try again.
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.FieldDefinitionCollection.get_Item(String name)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.FieldCollection.get_Item(String name)
   at TeamReview.UI.CreateWorkItemForm.Save()
6/17/2010 2:09:17 PM Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.FieldDefinitionNotExistException: TF26027: A field definition CodeReviewAddIn.CodeDescription in the work item type definition file does not exist. Add a definition for this field or remove the reference to the field and try again.
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.FieldDefinitionCollection.get_Item(String name)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.FieldCollection.get_Item(String name)
6/17/2010 2:16:49 PM Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.FieldDefinitionNotExistException: TF26027: A field definition CodeReviewAddIn.CodeDescription in the work item type definition file does not exist. Add a definition for this field or remove the reference to the field and try again.

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Hi, From what you have reported, I would say that the import of the TFS work item has not worked. Try creating and saving a code review work item type via Visual studio menus and confirm that the Code Item en.xml file contains this:- <FIELD reportable="dimension" type="String" name="CodePriority" refname="CodeReviewAddIn.CodePriority"> <ALLOWEDVALUES> <LISTITEM value="Critical" /> <LISTITEM value="High" /> <LISTITEM value="Medium" /> <LISTITEM value="Low" /> <LISTITEM value="None" /> <LISTITEM value="Recommendation" /> </ALLOWEDVALUES>
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Could you elaborate a little on "creating and saving a code review work item type via VS menus?" What do you exactly mean? Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:35 AM
You should be able to create a code review work item type outside of the Team Review addin. In Visual Studio, Menu Team -> Add Work Item -> Code Item or Code Review Response (going from memory here) Should display a TFS work item editor page with the custom added fields for TeamReview.
Jun 18, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Yes. I can create a Code Item from the Team menu option and I can see all values from those dropdowns. I can also create a response from the Team menu option. But how do I associate the response to the code item? From the examples and screen shots on the home page it seems you create a response from the IDE but I keep running into the problems I stated initially.

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I was trying to determine whether the work item type was successfully imported and from what you have stated, the code review work item is successfully imported.

Do you have any TFS addins installed?

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I have .NET Reflector and a home-grown add-in installed. Do you think they're causing the problem?

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Edited Jun 21, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I wouldn't think they would cause any issues, related to the problem you have.

Could you download the source code, compile and debug your problem?