in which you do not have permissions to make changes. Correct this problem by
changing the definition of the work item type so that it does not change the
name or reporting behavior of these fields:
Microsoft.VSTS.Common.StateChangeDate, System.ExternalLinkCount,
System.HyperLinkCount, System.AttachedFileCount
Or obtain permissions to make
changes to these team projects: Project2
Operation failed.

I have 2 Team Projects in the collection - Project1 and Project2. I am importing the WIT to Project1 by using:

witadmin importwitd /collection:http://myserver:8080/tfs/DefaultCollection /p:Project1 /f:"C:\TeamReview_2010_1_1_3\Code Item\Code Item en.xml"

If I decide to fix this:

1. By adding permissions, how would I do it?

2. By changing the definition of the WIT so that it does not change the name, how would I do it?

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Changing permissions on a team project can be done via right clicking the Team Project in the Team Explorer window in Visual Studio.

There is a context menu Team Project Settings -> Security, Group Membership.

You must have an administrative account to perform this i.e. be a member of "[Server]\Team Foundation Administrators"

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM

My ProjectCollection has 2 projects - Project1 and Project2. I am the TFS Administrator and my Windows account is listed in the Team Foundation Administrators group.

What permissions should I be giving to Project2?

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2010 at 2:27 AM
Edited Aug 4, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Hi - It appears there were some white-space changes in the names of some of the TFS fields over the years. And to determine if you have the white-spaces or not depends on if you've been in the upgrade path or have a new TFS installation.

Your particular issue appears to be from these whitespace changes - please see this helpful link from Chris May - http://chrismay.org/2010/07/04/TF26177+The+Field+SystemRelatedLinkCount+Cannot+Be+Renamed.aspx

JB