"New Code Item" dialog doesn't appear

Sep 1, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Have you had any problems reported with regard other add-ins or extensions to VS2010 which might be interferring with the Team Review New Code Item dialog?

I have had Team Review installed for a while now - and have been quite happily using it - it's very good. However, recently it has stopped working, in that when I highlight some code, right-click (context menu) and choose New Code Item - nothing happens! Actually, that's not quite true: Visual Studio appears to lose focus, and the entire line of code highlights, but no dialog window appears.

Everything else works;

• The Review Code Items menu item works OK
  • I can create new Code Items from the Team Explorer (although I can't enter the code snippet manually, of course)

...it's just the New Code Item dialog which fails.

I had installed the modeling power toys - http://modeling.codeplex.com/ - but I have uninstalled them now. I have also installed the Productivity Power Tools....

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Team Review - all to no avail  :-(

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Hi,

Can you identify which set of powertoys is causing the issue?

This will mean uninstalling all powertoys, have Team Review correctly working, then installing the individual powertoys one by one until finding the powertoy causing the problem.

Thankyou

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Ah ha! I have sorted it now. Everything was working, and the New Code Item dialog window was popping up - just not on either of my two screens! It was off to the right on some imaginary screen! As I said above, when I chose the New Code Item option the screen flickered and VS lost focus. If I press Alt-Space at this point, I get the window menu for the off-screen dialog. I can then choose "move" and move it back into view.

However, it didn't used to do that (obviously), so maybe one of the other Power Toys has upset the screen geometry?

Thanks for the reply bluess57.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Ok something went wrong with multi-monitor. Happy to hear it is resolved.