missing file in latest get?

May 20, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I've just pulled the latest code and I can build the mainline\2010 solution by hitting ctrl+b. However, I can't build the setup project because I get this error:

Error 20 Unable to build project output group 'Content Files from TeamReview.VSNetAddIn (Active)' D:\data\TFS\CoreSystemsScrum\Trunk\TFS\TeamReview\1.1.3\2010\TeamReview.Setup\TeamReview.Setup.vdproj TeamReview.Setup

when I look at the addin project i see that there is a warning over the icon for the file

teamReview.VSAddin.addin

when I double click on it, it says that the file is missing.

Any suggestions? is there a project or part of the tree that has this file? or should i remove it? or remove the content group from the setup project..

Coordinator
May 20, 2011 at 4:43 PM
That file lets the IDE now what to run and what settings to use. It should be in the solution, but if not you can easily re-create it by installing TeamReview, search for the file, copy it and then un-install TeamReview.

JB

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 3:02 AM, sammyg <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I've just pulled the latest code and I can build the mainline\2010 solution by hitting ctrl+b. However, I can't build the setup project because I get this error:

Error 20 Unable to build project output group 'Content Files from TeamReview.VSNetAddIn (Active)' D:\data\TFS\CoreSystemsScrum\Trunk\TFS\TeamReview\1.1.3\2010\TeamReview.Setup\TeamReview.Setup.vdproj TeamReview.Setup

when I look at the addin project i see that there is a warning over the icon for the file

teamReview.VSAddin.addin

when I double click on it, it says that the file is missing.

Any suggestions? is there a project or part of the tree that has this file? or should i remove it? or remove the content group from the setup project..

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TeamReview@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email TeamReview@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Projects should be able to Build standing alone. Having links in newer version to files in older versions should be avoided. This file and the TeamReview.ico file are two examples of where this practice causes problems when one tries to download an build the code.