Installation issue

May 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM

I have installed the work item template and the team review setup to TFS 2010.  I can see the work items and I have a Team Review menu item when I right click in a solution.... but when I select the New Code Item from the Team review menu I get a help box and not a work item.  

This is the text of the help box:

TeamReview is the most complete solution for Team System Code Reviews: a specific work item type and a Visual Studio add-in for a completely in IDE code review experience.
To use TeamReview Visual Studio must be online, a Visual Studio Solution must be open and within a Team System workspace mapping. Additionally Team Projects that that will store work items must have the TeamReview work item type.
To setup a Team System project for TeamReview usage please use the following directions from the TeamReview codeplex site. 

Thank You,TeamReview contributors

How do I setup:  TeamReview Visual Studio   and  a Team System workspace mapping?

Thanks

Dave Dalke 

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Hi Dave,

Only just saw your problem, did you get this resolved?

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Hi,

I have just installed TeamReview on my computer and I'm facing the same issue Dave reported - the 2 work items and the team review menu item appear, but when I click on "new code item" or "review code items" options under that menu, I get the help box Dave mentioned in his post. Any clue on what I am missing here?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM

No I have not gotten this resolved yet.  I got pulled away to other things but I would like to get back to it.  Any ideas to correct?

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Hi,

Seems odd, clutching at straws here.

Can you verify that you can check-in an arbitary code change, then retry the TeamReview menu item.

Also look for any .log file in the installation directory.

Do you have any other Visual Studio addins installed?

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:51 AM

I've already managed to resolve this on my end with the help of a friend. I had everything installed OK, but the VS solution I was working with was in "offline" mode and I didn't noticed that. I just clicked on the "Go Online" option on the solution context menu and Team Studio started working as expected...