Review responses not being linked to the code review.

May 6, 2008 at 4:48 PM
I have been trying to evaluate TeamReview for a couple of weeks but when I create a new response it does not get linked to the code review work item. Am I correct in thinking this is what is suppose to happen or am I using it incorrectly?
Coordinator
May 6, 2008 at 10:55 PM
Yes that is what should happen. Can you explain your scenario in detail so that i can figure out what is going wrong or even provide a series of screen shots? Are the Code Review Response items getting all the Code Details such as member name, line numbers etc populated? Are any of the other details missing? Does the Code Review Response get assigned to the correct person?

Thanks for the help!
JB
May 7, 2008 at 10:15 AM
I will provide you a more detailed scenario but would first just like to clear up some questions about the expected behavior so as not was your and mine time.
Is it the review response that has the link or the code review or both?
In the Assign to drop down on create code review response there is a limited list of users can you tell me how this list is filtered?
Coordinator
May 7, 2008 at 6:58 PM
I'll put the questions from your post with my answers inline

Is it the review response that has the link or the code review or both?

Both, the code review will have 0 to many links to review responses. The review response should have only 1 link to a code review.

In the Assign to drop down on create code review response there is a limited list of users can you tell me how this list is filtered?

The users come from the list of users added to the project Roles in the "Team Project Settings->Group Membership" when you right click on the project in Team Explorer. Essentially this should be the people that have some contribution to provide in a code review.
May 8, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Thanks for the reply I will work on getting you that scenario some time soon.

On a side note, the Assign to drop down was resolving the users that where in a group added to "Team Project Settings->Group Membership" but it did not resolve the users that where in a group that was added to that group.
May 21, 2008 at 6:29 PM

I have the same issue with the latest release.  I look at the responses, and there are 0 links, but all of the info is filled in. I'm using VS2008 against TFS2008.  And when I go in the code review replay, it cannot find the responses.

I've gone afterwards, linked the responses to the original work item (which is active and assigned to me), and then I assigned all of the responses to me (i was in a security group and had to manually add me to the project so the tool lets me add responses in the future).  And even after restarting the app, the Replay still does not list the responses I created for the code/work item.

I'm trying to get together a walk-through demo for our team for adoption and these issues are making it a bit difficult. If there is more information you need, let me know. Thanks.

Kevin

May 21, 2008 at 7:24 PM
Found the issue - if your task you're linking to is the FIRST item in teh work item query, then you cannot open it up for replay, and it seems assigning responses to it fails as well.
Once I copied it, everything started to work.
May 22, 2008 at 10:49 AM
Thanks kevinidzi, the work around of not using the first code review item works for me too.
Coordinator
May 22, 2008 at 6:37 PM
Thanks again!  I have a fix for this along with a few others prepared for the next release. There's one more that I'd like to include before sharing but it should be in the next couple of days.

JB