Check-in / Shelving?

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:55 PM

hi,

I like this tool and thinking to use. But i have some doubts regarding this. I didn't found any check-in-policy regarding this? Can you please tell me so developers can check-in bypassing this review. Then in the box they ask changeset name not shelveset name. So developers check-in or shelve the changes?

Any possible to restrcit check-in by 'assocaite review response item' So if review is closed then developers can checkin.

Can you guid me if i am wrong. Developers need not check-in without success review response. When finished the development, they will shelve the files and create code item for review so Reviewr got email notification. After i like the way in this tool. After review, Reviewer  approve the code and the success review reponse item created. So the developer can checkin with this response item ?

Can you help me to accomplish this plan with this tool?

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2011 at 11:48 PM

TeamReview does not have or enforce check-in policies. That is specific to a site's TFS installation.

If you would like to restrict developer check-in , so that a review response is required, then you need to create your own policy.

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Thanks for your reply. I will do that using wprk item policy. team review ask changeset name for creating code item. Any way to use shelveset name insyead of this. so i can shelve the codes for review

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Sorry - TeamReview does not work with shelvesets at this time.

The changeset name is not a mandatory field for the "New Code Item".

You could get by, using a shelveset naming standard, or add into the description field the shelveset name.

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:33 AM

that good idea i will try that thanks