Work Items in Team Review

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Hi,

I am using TFS 2010 and VS 2010 . I am able to use Team review successfully. 

The only concern is, the documentation and video available for Team review talks about how to use the Team Review in previous versions of Visual Studio, not 2010. I see there are some changes in the Wok Item name and something like that.

I apprecaite if anybody can help me to find answers for :

1. There are two work items found as part of Team Review. Code Item and Code Review Response. I imported both of them . I know that when a reviewer reviews a code, he create a Work item of Type Code Review Response. I do not understand the use of Code Item .

2. In the Team Review tutorial, I see the review request is done by creating a Task Work item. I am just wondering can we use Code Item work item type for this.

Thanks in advance,

Jaleel

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Jaleel,

I am in the same boat that you are.  I see both templates, but all I ever get is "Create Code Item" in the context menu.

I have been through the source code and I can't find where the breakdown is that prevents the "Code Review Response" from showing up when you right click. 

What I have been doing while trying to fix the issue is to instruct everyone to use "New Code Item" and change the dropdown to read "Review Response" instead of "Review Request" in the code item form.  It's not the cleanest implementation but it's what I have so far.

I have found alot of information on the web about this project and it seems to be a great project.  However, all of that information seems to be out of date.  If you find something useful, can you pass it along?

Thanks,

Jim Evans