Setup and code Issues

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Firstly, Thanks for creating TeamReview

Here's a couple of points which might need attention:-
1) I had to copy the TeamReview.VSNetAddIn.Addin file to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\MSEnvShared\Addins to have the addin work.
2) The Project Setup Instructions form in DirectionsForm.cs - clicking the hyperlink url does'nt appear to do anything.
3) You can remove VisualBasic references in the C# project TeamReview.SetupRegistrationAction and use the enumeration on Environment.SpecialFolder 

ie. string

folderPath = Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments), @"Visual Studio 2008\Addins");

Cheers

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Great info, thanks!

For #1 - What OS do you have and did you customize the location of your "My Documents" directory?
I haven't heard about any issues with the installer except for one person who moved their My Documents directory to a different drive.

For #2 - Yeah, I've been meaning to fix that.

For #3 - Thank you very much, I will plumb this in soon.

Again, thanks for spending time getting TeamReview to work for you, and then giving great feedback!
JB
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:21 AM
#1 Windows XP SP3 - It is a gov't SOE and "My Documents" is mapped to a network shared drive (ie. J:\My Documents)

Within VS2008 (menu Tools->Options, see Environment - Add-in/Macros Security) in the Options for Add-in/Macro Security, see the Addin File Paths and variables.
If you add the installation path to the Addin File Path in VS2008, the addin will work as well.